Pennine Way School Extension
Top Notch Contractors ltd are in the process of delivering this turn-key school extension to allow extra teaching capacity at Pennine Way School Carlisle.
- Commencement: Janruary 2022
- Client: Cumbria County Council
- Project Type: Steel Frame Extension
- Value: £1.2 Million
About this Project
New 3 Classroom Extension
- Predominantly single storey building with three principal classrooms and other ancillary accommodation.
- The general construction will comprise concrete slab floor, structural steel frame with insulated timber frame infill wall panels, concrete strip foundations with masonry cavity wall construction up to dpc level, insulated roof panel with polycarbonate rooflight. Internal doors, aluminium glazed windows and doors, metal stud internal wall systems and all finishes including plasterwork, decoration and floor finishes.
- M&E works to new building.
- External surfacing and works around new building including alterations to existing adjacent surfaces as required.
- Alterations to foul and surface water drainage systems as necessary, including connections into existing systems outside the boundaries of the site works.
Top Notch delivered without interruption to the day-to-day operations of the School. We employed off-site manufacture and ‘as-needed’ call off wherever possible to minimize the need for a site compound and on-site storage.
We ensured a dedicated full-time senior site manager who had full ownership of this project and was be on site for the full duration of the works. He was be a single point of contact and liaison with the school and be supported by regular visits from TNCL upper management. He ensured to schedule weekly progress meetings with the School stakeholders as well as provide monthly contractors reports detailing progress with the build and communicating any issues that have arisen. In this way TNCL ensured a ‘no-surprises’ approach to the school.